10.7.07

I listened, for once

Was talking to one of my boys about how much I can't stand that damn NeYo song, Do You. He just laughed because he knew why I couldn't stand to hear it or think about the words in the song. SO he gave me some unsolicited advice, he told me I should speak to the person with whom the song reminds me. I then laughed because I thought that was the DUMBEST thing EVER!

Well, just so happens I couldn't stop thinking about doing just that. I didn't know what the f I was going to say but I needed to speak with this person. I did. And I'm glad I did. Quite a few things were resolved and I feel a bit more at peace with my decision.

Anyways, I also think life is just too short, as evidenced by my friend's father's untimely and horribly surprising death on Sunday. Your time and days are not yours. Don't leave things unsaid. Say I love you to your family and friends every chance you get. Spend time with your grandmother or grandfather if you are so lucky to have them still in your life - I make it a point to go visit my grandmother every chance I get because I do not know what I would do without her.

Even if you think someone doesn't want to hear from you or you can't fathom saying mushy things (lol, that's so me) say them anyways! They will so appreciate it.

That's all, *B*

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Southern_Lady said...

That was a great post, B!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im so proud of you! =)

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home