23.10.07

Temporis enim vicissitudo

Yup, it's time for a change and in a B I G way. I really feel like the Corporate world just isn't me; not in the least. There is still this huge part of me who is a business-minded Fashionista that wants to open and run her chic boutique and screw working for others. She also wants to go back to school to get her MBA and she kicks herself for not staying an extra yr for a Master's in Merchandising/Textiles, BUT she had to get out of Tallahassee, quick, fast and in a hurry...

I digress. I really need to get on it, like for real. I need to pull out my business plan that I wrote up for a college project and update it. Was talking to my boy who is such the entrepreneur and so on his grind and is so inspiring because he works hard for what he wants, sets goals and achieves them. I was whining about work and how I want to retire; what, don't laugh, I've been working since I was 14, I'm tired of this mess.

Anyways, I was whining and was like, "when can I retire?"
he says, "when we are both rich."
I laugh, I'm like, "uh, when's that?"
He says, "when your boutique is on and poppin and I can do a special piece on it in my mag."
I love that he has so much ambition. I've known him for years and each year he is just on the come up; smart man. But he isn't the first one to bring up the whole boutique thing to me in the recent months. As you all know, I hated my job as a recruiter b/c of the company in which I worked. While looking for jobs, a couple of my friends asked if I would be interested in going back into fashion, somehow. But that's just it, that is the magic word; 'somehow'.

I am not interested in design, I def do NOT want to go back to retail management, I am not freshly graduated with this bright, sunny outlook of what could be; I've been out of school for 5 yrs now and have yet to establish a career path...blah

I'm not sure I know what to do, but there are two definite things I'm going to do; 1. Pray Until Something Happens and 2. Get my business plan back out and begin work on it, pronto!

*B* will be the owner of the boutique she has always wanted; just in time for Nate's magazine launch. Gotta love friends who keep you inspired and focused.

*besos*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis,

I am so feeling you on this. Alot of my friends and I have been circling around this same topic...feeling a bit stuck in corporate america and ready for a change. I was thinking today about the fact that I have been working since 14 and need a change.

Let's pray, push and make it happen :-)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

That saying is true birds of a feather flock together! Keep go getters around you and you too become that! Good luck Girl!

The Bee is out!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Dondasaurus Rex said...

wow you hit the nail on the head. my best friend has actually been feeling similar to you. she is ready to leave corporate america and do something creative and fun but has no idea where to start. she would more then likely have to take a pay cut as well and that frightens her. good luck on all your endeavors. i know everything you desire will come to pass=)_

9:02 PM  
Blogger Ray said...

New to your joint, this was a good piece man much more to be said. Stop by my spot.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

TAG! YOU'RE IT!

Check the rules of the game on my post:

http://soooofetch.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-grown-folks-play-tag.html

8:19 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Tag your it! Busy Bee check out Site for details & rules.

The Bee is out!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home